Case Study: OGRE
Transforming EEHA field inspections through cloud and mobile technologies.
A global company, OGRE service the oil and gas industry from operations hubs in Singapore, the USA, South Korea and the UK. Offering a range of technical and professional services for delivery of turnkey projects, including systems design and engineering, third-party compliance inspections and integrated project support, OGRE seeks to improve performance and increase efficiency in a project’s delivery.
OGRE’s line of work is subject to strict industry regulations and standards. Working closely with offshore drilling contractors and operators, OGRE is engaged to perform periodic third-party compliance inspections such as DROPS, Pad Eye Registers and Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas (EEHA).
OGRE’s EEHA certification process had historically been a lengthy process, involving field work and back office completion. The EEHA certification package and reporting comprise several substantial volumes that require significant input. For example, a jack up platform inspection could take three to four weeks to finalise reporting including aggregation of inspection data and photos, analysis of defects, and engineering assessment and material take off.
OGRE’s vision was to digitise their compliance offering and automate the preparation of certification reports for EEHA projects by integrating new cloud and mobile inspection technologies.
The Inspectivity Solution
Inspectivity was engaged to provision a dedicated instance of The Inspectivity Platform for OGRE. The platform provides for OGRE’s specific requirements including:
- Predefined, digital inspection templates for visual, close and detailed grade inspections.
- An automated PDF reporting package aligned with OGRE’s original reporting structure. This means PDF certification can be sent in near real-time on completion of fieldwork.
- An integrated database of manufacturer equipment certifications for electrical equipment compliance.
- On-call support for OGRE’s engineering and operations teams globally, allowing teams to collaborate effectively regardless of geographical location.
Data quality and integrity
- Greater accuracy and integrity of inspection data through implementation of a paperless process that guides the inspector through a series of pre-defined scenarios.
- Pre-mapped fields set within the Inspectivity mobile app remove any possible deviation or omission that could impact compliance with strict reporting standards of the drilling sector.
Better decisions, greater value proposition
- Instant collaboration through The Inspectivity Platform has increased communication between OGRE’s engineers in Singapore and disparate field inspectors – improving overall response time to critical issues.
- By improving efficiencies in the inspection process and significantly reduced reporting overheads, OGRE is able to provide a competitive commercial and responsive offering to clients.
Improved asset management
- Improved visibility of asset condition has enabled full traceability of the defect lifecycle, from discovery through to engineering assessment and closeout.
- A centralised platform with access to a library of manufacturer equipment certifications information, reusable inspection templates and standardised workflows for third-party compliance.
Smarter ways of working
- With improved quality of inspection data, OGRE can uncover opportunities for cost savings, process automation and efficient resource allocation.
- The value of ‘big’ inspection data is found in the form of new asset intelligence embedded within the Inspectivity Platform – resulting in a more empowered organisation.
OGRE continues to work with Inspectivity to expand its digital inspection offering to cover a wide range of applications. Inspectivity is focused on identifying tangible cost savings and efficiencies in quality and safety practices by tweaking the inspection workflow and streamlining task allocation and visibility of critical assets.